Ticks are a common insect we see during the summer. So many myths surround ticks that you are susceptible to their dangers if you do not understand the truth behind the matter. Take a look below as we learn 8 facts about ticks important for everyone in Fishers to know.
1. Many people believe ticks only live in wooded areas but this is untrue. Ticks take up home anywhere there are weeds or tall grass. Keep the lawn mowed to reduce risks of ticks.
2. It takes quite some time to mature to adults. They have four stages and the final comes after about three years.
3. Ticks attach themselves to adults and children, but humans are not all that is at risk. Your pets are also at risk of being bitten by a tick.
4. Experts offer tick control in Fishers for people that want added security and assurance that they are safe from ticks. It is worth the small price for the protection that it provides.
5. There are more than 900 different species of ticks. Lucky for us, only 90 of those are found in the United States, if that truly serves as any consolation.
6. Ticks carry diseases that can be transmitted to a human host. Lyme disease is the most common of these diseases. This alone is enough reason to call a professional to schedule pest control services.
7. Pets can also contract diseases from a tick. And to make matters worse, they can catch more than one disease.
8. Always use tweezers or a special tick- removal device to remove a tick from the skin or from your pet’s fur. Never use your fingers to remove a tick.
Stay safe this summer with the information about ticks on the above list. The more you know, the better off you are in this thing we call life.